Mactech has extensive experience operating on nuclear power stations in the UK and Europe. They began with supplying inspection personnel and services to the German nuclear market in the 1980s and since then have built up project experience on many of the major nuclear power stations in the UK, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Finland and South Africa.
Projects include supplying engineering and construction personnel, inspection services, QA/QC management and decommissioning resources to UK nuclear power stations for ongoing maintenance, life extension and outage support.
Mactech has worked on a number of new build power stations on the European continent. Most recently they have been operated on one of Europe’s largest new build nuclear stations, Olkiluoto 3 in Finland. On this project, they supplied manpower for mechanical erection, supervision, QA/QC, inspection and commissioning activities. The company also developed inspection procedures and database management systems as well as gaining a wealth of experience in the issues faced with new build nuclear station programmes.
Over time Mactech have grown a UK construction team with nuclear new build (NNB) experience and can now offer the following services:
Supply of all types of construction personnel through the lifecycle of the build – fabrication, installation, inspection, commissioning, completions and handover.
- - Tradesmen
- - Technicians
- - Inspectors
- - Engineers
- - Management
QA/QC and inspection services.
- - Full QA/QC project surveillance team to oversee construction.
- - Supervision, management and control of all NDT sub-contractors.
- - Development of QA procedures, engineering solutions and work instructions prior to, and during construction.
SQEP Personnel / UK Nuclear Sites / Security Clearances / CTC
As an organisation Mactech is a member of the ECIA and have employed a construction workforce on a number of conventional and nuclear power stations as well as various other category 1- 4 NAECI sites in the United Kingdom. Over this time has built an infrastructure within the company to offer the following services in support of each person supplied to site:-
- - Security clearance for approval to work on nuclear and MOD sites.
- - Classified worker approval for nuclear sites including:
- Ionizing radiation medicals.
- Dose record keeping services.
- - UK safety passport courses and renewals for all employees.
- - SQEP, HSE and competency approval, demonstrated by certification of apprenticeship and other relevant trades certificates.
See some of Mactech's project experience.
Nuclear Services brochure.